As unbeaten WPIAL boys teams are dropping like flies, the only undefeated girls team continues to shine.
Blackhawk kept its perfect record intact Monday by rolling to a 46-26 win against visiting Beaver.
With the win, Blackhawk (13-0, 5-0) maintained sole possession of first place in Class 4A Section 2 while Beaver (10-4, 3-2) fell to third. Blackhawk, which two days earlier won a game in Brooklyn, N.Y., has won all but two of its games by at least 20 points. Dating to the start of the 2021-22 season, the Cougars are 39-1 in their past 40 games.
Alena Fusetti and Quinn Borroni were two of the standouts Monday. Fusetti finished with 15 points and 6 rebounds. Borroni had a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Kassie Potts added 9 points.
Chloe List scored a team-high 14 points for Beaver, which was handed its most-lopsided loss this season. Its other three losses were by a combined 15 points.
Other girls games
• Payton Collins scored a game-high 18 points and Mt. Lebanon (11-4, 5-1) used a big fourth quarter to win at Chartiers Valley (7-5, 3-3), 43-32, in Class 6A Section 2. Mt. Lebanon held a one-point lead after three quarters before outscoring Chartiers Valley, 14-4, in the fourth. Lilah Turnbull paced the Colts with 11 points.
• Penn-Trafford (10-3, 4-2) overcame a five-point halftime deficit to snap a two-game losing streak with a 56-45 win at Latrobe (10-5, 3-3) in Class 5A Section 3. Penn-Trafford outscored Latrobe, 21-11, in the third quarter. Olivia Pepple led the Warriors with 17 points and Torrie DeStefano added 14. Camille Dominick had 21 points for Latrobe, who had won six in a row.
• Indiana (10-4, 6-0) continued to hold a two-game lead in Class 5A Section 1 after handing visiting Plum (9-5, 3-3) a 67-37 loss. Katie Kovalchick led the Little Indians with 28 points, while Eve Fiala and Bella Antonacci added 12 apiece. Megan Marstan led Plum with 22 points.
• Norwin’s stingy defense once again was the story as the Knights (13-1, 5-0) defeated visiting Seneca Valley (3-11, 0-5), 52-21, in Class 6A Section 1. Bailey Snowberger led Norwin with 12 points, while Allison Sevin scored 9 for Seneca Valley. Norwin is giving up only 31.1 points per game (fewest of any Class 6A or 5A team) and has held all but two opponents to 40 points or fewer.
• Becca Goetz scored 20 points and Greta O’Brien had 19 as Avonworth (9-5, 4-1) remained tied for first place in Class 3A Section 2 after a 54-35 home win against Seton LaSalle (8-6, 2-3). The Antelopes have won five of their past six games. Mallory Daly led the Rebels with 13 points.
• Defending PIAA champion Neshannock (9-5, 4-1) claimed its fourth win a row, 47-34 at Beaver Falls (3-8, 1-4) in Class 3A Section 1. Mairan Haggerty led the Lancers with 23 points and freshman Payton Newman added 19. Freshman Dreaven Haskins paced the Tigers with 12 points.
• Allderdice traveled (13-3) to New York to play Nichols School and came home with a 96-65 win. Six players scored in double figures for the Dragons, a group led by Logan Golle and Ethan Anish, who collected 16 points apiece. Nichols School is the alma mater of Duke great and former NBA player Christian Laettner.
*** — Alayna Rocco, North Catholic. Rocco scored 17 points, including the 1,000th of her career, to push North Catholic to a 56-38 triumph at Knoch. Rocco is a Harvard recruit.
** — Amelia McMichael, Butler. McMichael poured in a game-high 33 points and added 12 rebounds to lift Butler to a 65-61 win at Pine-Richland. Butler now has won six of its past eight games.
* — Kaelynn Settles, Elizabeth Forward. Only a freshman, Settles came off the bench to score a team-high 15 points in Elizabeth Forward’s 67-45 home win against West Mifflin.
Hot from deep
Players with 3 or more 3-pointers: Justine Forbes, Butler, 4; Amelia McMichael, Butler, 3; Camille Dominick, Latrobe, 3; Elle Snyder, Latrobe, 3; Megan Marstan, Plum, 3.
Apollo-Ridge 60, Mount Pleasant 37
Armstrong 56, Franklin Regional 28
Avonworth 54, Seton LaSalle 45
Blackhawk 46, Beaver 26
Burrell 49, Deer Lakes 19
Butler 65, Pine-Richland 61
Elizabeth Forward 67, West Mifflin 45
Fort Cherry 73, Sto-Rox 29
Greensburg Central Catholic 62, Winchester Thurston 42
Greensburg Salem 31, Freeport 29
Hampton 63, North Hills 44
Leechburg 45, Jeannette 38
Mars 70, New Castle 25
McGuffey 50, Charleroi 44
Mohawk 53, Riverside 16
Mt. Lebanon 43, Chartiers Valley 32
Neshannock 49, Beaver Falls 34
North Catholic 56, Knoch 38
Norwin 52, Seneca Valley 21
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart 53, South Allegheny 28
Penn-Trafford 56, Latrobe 45
Quaker Valley 51, Central Valley 36
St. Joseph 54, Riverview 15
South Fayette 74, West Allegheny 25
Thomas Jefferson 66, Connellsville 40
Allderdice 96, Nichols School, N.Y. 65